About the Wilson-Cobb History and Genealogy Library
The Wilson-Cobb History and Genealogy Research Library is a standalone special collection library that was founded in April 1999. It was organized to serve the historical and genealogical needs of Roswell and the surrounding communities. The Library is govrened by a Board of Directors, and is funded by donations, memberships, grants and fundraising events.
- The Library is incorporated as a nonprofit organization in New Mexico according to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and your contributions are deductible.
- The Library is staffed by volunteers who are available to assist patrons in using the Library's materials and resources.
- Use of the Library materials and facility is free.
- Library books and materials do not circulate and are provided for use only in the Library.
- Computers are available for online research with free access to the Library's subscriptions of Ancestry.com, GenealogyBank (historical newspapers) and Fold3 (military records).
- The Library is a facility open to everyone without regard to race, creed, sex, color or national origin.
Everyone is cordially invited to become a member of the Library. Membership benefits include a quarterly newsletter, reduced workshop fees, and the opportunity to serve as a member of the Board of Directors.
- The Wilson-Cobb Research Library Board of Directors meets on the third Tuesday of every month except December at noon. The annual meeting in April is open to the public.
- The Roswell Genealogical Society meets at the Library on the second Thursday September through May, except December when we meet for a Christmas lunch. Members of the public are invited to attend the meetings.